Image: A cluttered Microsoft Word via @ftrain
All software used in the making of Generation R is Free and Open Source Software (FOSS), and all content is open licensed — primarily as Creative Commons (unless otherwise stated): Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0).
As of June 2018 a tech log, roadmap, as well as documention of strategies for editorial, and digital will be kept on our GitHub wiki.
- Blogging – WordPress
- Blog web editor – Atomic Blocks / Gutenberg
- Open Notebook Research – still searching
- Taxonomy building – Skosmos
- Sources library – Zotero
- DOIs – DataCite
- Versioning – TIB GitLab and GitHub
- ISSN – Deutsche Nationalbibliothek (DNB)
- Content repository – Leibniz Open
Open content and fonts
- WordPress theme – Atomic Blocks from Array Themes GNU General Public License v2 or later
- Logo font – CODEC from Zeta Fonts Creative Commons Non Commercial Use
- Body font – Nunito Sans as OFL (SIL Open Font License)
- Logo design – Scribus, Inkscape, and GIMP
Credits and thanks you
- Thank you to team Generation R at TIB and ZBW, as well as team Open Science Lab at TIB and for support from TIB staff.
- Appreciation for the supportive feedback from our Kickoff Meeting participants back in Jan ’18: Andrea Hacker, André Vatter, Janneke Adema, Jon Tennant, Lambert Heller, Luca Mollenhauer, Philip Schrenk, Sascha Friesike, Stefan Schmeja, and Ulrike Wuttke
- Web hosting TIB IT
- Thank you and credit to Tyto Studios for web development and design assistance
Guides and inspiration
‘Open Notebook Platforms’. Open Notebook Science Network, 18 June 2013. http://onsnetwork.org/what-is-open-notebook-science/open-notebook-platforms/.
‘When There’s Nothing Left to Take Away | UX Magazine’. Accessed 20 October 2017. https://uxmag.com/articles/when-theres-nothing-left-to-take-away.
‘How Not to Design a Blog | Webflow Blog’. Accessed 28 February 2018. https://webflow.com/blog/how-not-to-design-a-blog.
‘How to Present Scientific Findings Online’. Nielsen Norman Group. Accessed 29 October 2017. https://www.nngroup.com/articles/scientific-findings-online/.
‘Blog | Library Innovation Lab’. Accessed 8 March 2018. https://lil.law.harvard.edu/blog/.
“UX Boot Camp.” Prototypr. Accessed December 17, 2017. https://blog.prototypr.io/https-blog-prototypr-io-ux-bootcamp-3/home.
“User Research – Service Manual – GOV.UK.” Accessed January 10, 2018. https://www.gov.uk/service-manual/user-research.