A co-creation session taking place online 6th July 2021, 14:00-15:30 to look at creating a roadmap for capacity building of Citizen Science and Open Science in research libraries, not only for their staff but also for academic staff, researchers, and students. The session is organised by the INOS project which looks to support Open Science and Citizen Science in higher education.
The online session will be an opportunity to explore different projects and ideas from across Europe with partners taking part from Switzerland, Denmark, Germany, and France, as well as from other regions.
What will be covered in the session:
- Defining the strategic objectives for research libraries for capacity building on Open and Citizen Science;
- Identifying the necessary skills building on existing (or under development) frameworks and guidance for research libraries (such as Librarian’s Guide to Citizen Science; Open Science Skills visualisation; Case Studies on Open Science Skilling and Training Initiatives in Europe);
- Discuss the existing capacity building landscape in libraries and identify future actions for skilling on Open Science and Citizen Science;
- Address existing barriers and ways to tackle them;
- Identify the main roles/actors for capacity building on Open Science and Citizen Science in research libraries.
INOS is funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union.