The Barcamp Open Science take place in Berlin, 18 March, 2019. https://www.open-science-conference.eu/barcamp/
Generation Research – Barcamp session suggestion
We would like to find out what you would like to see happen for ‘community building’ from the Research Alliance Open Science (not that GenR speaks directly for the Alliance), for your individual community, too further the ‘open movement’, or for ‘science done right’?:
- Say no to the ‘European Open Science Monitor’. How do we represent ourselves – mapping Open Science in the DACH region?
- Mutual support: How to support what is going on out there.
- Good ideas: What are the examples that have really worked and could be reused. E.g., Force11 Working Groups https://www.force11.org/groups
- The known unknowns: What would you like to see the Research Alliance Open Science do for community building?
- Communities and the Open Science dividend: How are Open Science / Scholarship communities an answer to bigger problems. E.g., Climate change and energy use – Open Energy Modelling Initiative https://openmod-initiative.org/, or River Simple and green car development https://www.riversimple.com/
Contact: Simon Worthington (Editor-in-chief – Generation Research / TIB) (email@example.com, @gen_r_)